Wednesday 25 May 2016

Ready to fly?!

Ok folks, this month, May in 2016, marks a new direction and a few very large leaps into the unknown.

It is all about leaps of faith sometimes, leaping when you are not too sure about the direction that you are going. Facing the fear that comes with that means facing some fierce demons. And then letting them talk to you instead of running away in terror...they often have some very useful things for you to listen to, if you can let them up out of the cellar that you locked them in years ago!

So like this sparrow, am I ready to fly to pastures new?

Am I ready to jump?
At the age of 46, I thought it was high time I started on the path to a new venture. I wanted a big change, and well, I did that. I ended my job with an organisation I had worked for steadily and successfully for 15 years as I crafted out a career of graphic design development. And then, to help finance this big new move, I have sold my house (hopefully today I will find out if the process has been agreed and signed).

I shall then go travelling, experiencing new things and generally make it up as I go along for a bit. Some things I have in mind to do, and have talked about, but, hey, only time will tell which opportunities I pick up.

However, there are some words that are right in the front of my consciousness at the moment. The words of Martin Luther King Jr.:

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, Just take the first step."

I shall be posting here to keep a journal for myself and keep others updated too, if you are interested in following my exploits, over the coming months. Come join me on occasion. This may be a place to celebrate, commiserate but hopefully experience some of what lies for me down the road...

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your great adventure!

    ReplyDelete